What Services Do We Provide?
Your physician is a member of the Calgary West Central Primary Care Network (CWC PCN). As their patient, you have access to several services and programs at no out-of-pocket cost to you.
The goal of the CWC PCN is to further strengthen the care that patients receive and the relationship with their family doctor. Your family physician’s practice should feel like it is your home for managing all of your health needs.
Our services are in partnership with your family doctor:
- Enhanced access to the Primary Care Centre with the Access Appointment Service for patients in immediate need who are referred by their PCN family physician. Available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and from 1 to 4 p.m. on weekends and holidays, this referral service provides an alternative to the walk-in system or a visit to the ER.
- Access to Patient Care Teams that include mental health professionals and nurses
- Access to a physician through the Primary Care Centre if you do not have a family doctor.
- Access to a system that coordinates proactive health appointments that could include screening and disease prevention as well as management.
- Access to care for medically complex seniors is available by referral from your CWC PCN family physician. The interdisciplinary Senior Services team provides specialized primary care and can assess for a range of medical, social and psychological concerns. Some frail home-bound seniors also receive care in place through the Seniors Home-Based Primary Care program.